Cooking With CBD: Guilt-Free Coffee Crumble Cake
Buttery, moist, cinnamon coffee cake swirled with a spiced-sugary filling, topped with crunchy streusel, and sprinkled with a plot twist? NO butter, NO refined sugar, and gluten-free + grain-free. Yes, friend!
This Healthy Starbucks Coffee Cake recipe is made with good for you, natural ingredients that are more blood sugar friendly, filled with fiber! Not to mention the gut-friendly Greek yogurt and ghee, and immune supporting CBDA oil!
For the crumble:
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- Desired amount of CBDistillery CBDA, CBG or CBD oil
- (I used 3 full droppers of CBDA + CBD oil!)
For the cake:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and line a 9×9″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all of the crumble ingredients to a medium bowl. Use your hands to clump the ingredients together until a wet, sand-like texture forms. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all cake ingredients (except greek yogurt!) until very smooth. Then, fold in the greek yogurt to the batter.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle on a layer of crumble. Layer in the remaining half of the batter, then finish the top with the remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick slid through the center comes out clean and it no longer jiggles.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Serve and enjoy!