Many people interested in the potential health benefits of hemp-sourced CBD oil delay making a purchase. They hesitate because there are numerous product options, thousands of product descriptions to decipher, and hundreds of potential vendors to choose from. With so many significant variables to consider, it is often difficult for people to feel confident making a product selection. This is understandable.
Of course, when you decide to invest in CBD, you want to know that you are getting a quality CBD product at a reasonable price. Maybe we can help clear the confusion by detailing some of the many important considerations to keep in mind when buying CBD oil.
It is not unusual for people to be a bit uncomfortable when they first learn that CBD is extracted from hemp and marijuana plants. Here is some clarification on the difference between CBD extracted from hemp and CBD extracted from marijuana.
To Purchase Marijuana CBD
• You would likely need to purchase marijuana sourced CBD from a dispensary. That’s because marijuana contains high levels of THC (5-30 percent) and is considered a schedule 1 drug due to its psychoactive and intoxicating effects. The legality of marijuana varies by state, and purchase often requires a doctor’s prescription.
To Purchase Hemp CBD
• Most of the CBD products sold online are extracted from hemp. The CBD from hemp does not contain enough THC to cause intoxication (less than 0.3 percent). That’s why vendors are free to sell their products in all states and do not require a prescription from a health care provider.
If you are not purchasing from a dispensary, you are likely purchasing hemp CBD oil. To verify the THC content falls within the specified parameters, be sure to shop with vendors who provide their batch testing information.
CBD is the scientific abbreviation for cannabidiol, the primary cannabinoid found in cannabis extract. It is likely when you are scouring the internet to buy CBD that you are using “CBD oil” in your search terms. When you land on product pages, you are likely finding CBD oil labeled as hemp oil or hemp supplements. This is not meant to cause additional confusion, but it often does.
Hemp oil contains the CBD you are looking for. While hemp oil is commonly referred to as CBD oil because it contains CBD; product manufacturers are somewhat limited in the way they are allowed to label their products. Hemp CBD and hemp oil are used interchangeably throughout the industry. The products to be wary of are made with hemp seed oil. Hemp seed oil does not contain CBD.
When buying CBD oil, it’s important that you understand the significance of product potency. You will find that the amount of CBD you are paying for has little to do with the size of the bottle. A 15 ml bottle of CBD oil could contain only a few milligrams (mg) of CBD, or it could contain thousands.
Product potency is a significant consideration. It’s essential to know how many mg of CBD are in the hemp oil product you select. For example, a 30 ml bottle of CBD that contains 250 mg of cannabidiol (CBD) will be priced substantially lower than a 30 ml bottle that contains 1000 mg of CBD. When the CBD is more concentrated, you will need to use less product per dose.
That’s why it’s so important to break down the price of each product and determine the cost per milligram of cannabidiol. Consider the following:
• Product A – 30 ML contains 250 mg CBD for $20 = $20 ÷250 = .08 per mg (8.33 mg per ml)
• Product B – 30 ML contains 1000 mg CBD for $60 = $60 ÷ 1000 = .06 per mg (33.33 mg per ml)
• Product C – 30 ML contains 2500 mg CBD for $120 = $120 ÷ 2500 = .05 per mg (83.33 mg per ml)
If you were aiming for 25 mg of CBD per dose, you would divide the number of mg of CBD in the bottle by 25. That means you would get 10 doses from product A, 40 from product B, and 100 doses from product C. This information could help you determine the best solution to fit your budget.
Full-spectrum hemp CBD contains 113 cannabinoids as well as hundreds of potentially beneficial plant compounds. In full spectrum CBD oil, the potential benefits of each element are enhanced by the entourage effect. The entourage effect is typically used to explain how the components in CBD are magnified and multiplied by the effects of the others.
While the potential impact of full-spectrum CBD is greater than the sum of its parts, it also contains trace amounts of THC. While not enough to cause any psychoactive effect, some people are uncomfortable knowing that their CBD oil contains any amount of THC.
For those hesitant to ingest trace amounts of THC, CBD oil made from CBD isolate is often preferred. CBD isolate is essentially full-spectrum CBD oil that has been further processed to create a 99% purified crystalline (CBD). Just a few of the benefits of CBD oil made from isolates include:
• Any trace amounts of THC are removed
• No odor of the original hemp plant
• No flavor to change the taste of your foods or beverages
• More control of the cannabidiol content of finished products
• The ability to incorporate higher levels of CBD per dose
• CBD oil from isolate is generally lower in price
Both products types can be beneficial. The selection of full-spectrum CBD oil or products made with CBD isolate is a personal decision. While some may consider full-spectrum products superior, there are many reasons a CBD isolate could be your product of choice.
CBD tinctures are quite popular because they are versatile and easy to use. When using a CBD tincture, it’s important to shake the bottle before each dose. After shaking, compress the bulb of the dropper to fill the pipette with oil. Place drops under your tongue for a few seconds, allowing some of the cannabinoids to absorb into your bloodstream before swallowing. CBD oil can also be added to food or beverages. While many prefer using CBD oil tinctures, they are not your only option, CBD oil is also available in:
• CBD Capsules and Softgels – convenient use without having to measure dosages
• Topical CBD Oil – for targeting the potential benefits to specific areas
• CBD Suppositories – for those with difficulty swallowing, nausea, or stomach pain
• CBD Pet Products – so four-legged family members can experience the potential benefits of CBD
• CBD Vape Products – formulated for vapor inhalation, one of the most efficient delivery methods
Since hemp has the ability to draw toxins and contaminants from the soil, it’s important to buy CBD oil from manufacturers who rely on hemp grown with organic farming methods. Unless hemp is grown without chemical fertilizers and pesticides, the contaminants will end up in your CBD oil. The most reputable manufacturers insist on ensuring their products are free of contaminants by:
• Testing soil before planting to ensure the soil is free of toxins
• Planting hemp seeds that have not been exposed to chemicals
• Growing seeds that have not been genetically manipulated (non-GMO)
• Growing hemp without the use of harmful pesticides or herbicides
• Growing and processing hemp plants without antibiotics or growth hormones
While reputable vendors are aware of the significance of growing hemp using organic farming methods, hemp crops are not typically certified organic. You need to know that CBD oil does not qualify to be certified as an organic product. In order to receive organic certification, a product must fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA. Hemp products are not regulated by the FDA. If a product manufacturer claims their CBD oil is certified organic, they are misrepresenting their products.
When you buy CBD oil, you want to be sure you are getting a safe, quality product. You can verify the purity and potency of the hemp oil you purchase by trusting vendors who insist on having their products tested by a neutral third-party facility. This ensures that the product you select is as pure and potent as the product description claims. When manufacturers are willing to provide the results of their batch testing, you can be confident in your purchasing decision.
CBDistillery is a prominent leader in the health and wellness industry. When you select products from CBDistillery, you are choosing products that are manufactured by a company that is in control of every aspect of production from pre-planting soil testing, extraction to the packaging and distribution of the finished product. You can view the batch testing information located within the images of every product we offer. For high quality, fairly priced CBD oil online, you can trust CBDistillery.