Cooking with CBD: Sleepy-Time Mocktail
Seeking a nightcap that’s good for you? Say no more! Mix this healthy bedtime drink packed with natural, sleep-inducing ingredients! It’s the perfect addition to your nighttime wind-down routine, plus it’s refreshing and delicious. Get ready to fully relax, and drift off to dreamland with zero effort, waking up refreshed and energized in the morning.
- ½ cup pure tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon of magnesium powder
- A splash of seltzer water
- 1 dropper of CBN + CBD Oil Tincture from CBDistillery
- Add an herbal garnish such as fresh basil or rosemary
- Drink this out of a fun glass like a wine glass or
- If you really want to make this an experience, make ice cubes with lemon or lime juice ahead of time!
Why does it work?
- Tart cherry juice has a high concentration of melatonin — the hormone that induces drowsiness at bedtime - and researchers are investigating other nutrients in tart cherry juice, such as tryptophan and polyphenol antioxidants, that might play a role in supporting sleep.
- Magnesium promotes relaxation, and it’s also involved in regulating melatonin, which guides your sleep-wake cycle and kickstarts the feeling of sleepiness. It also helps regulate the stress hormone cortisol, so when you have adequate magnesium, you may have fewer physical and mental symptoms of stress.
- CBN + CBD Oil helps you fall asleep, and stay asleep. CBN is the cannabinoid in the hemp plant that helps promote restful sleep. CBD helps calm your body and mind so that you are ready to sleep without uncomfortable mental or physical symptoms. The combination of the two work with your natural sleep cycle to provide quality sleep with no grogginess in the morning.
- Seltzer water provides some bubbles and adds interest to the mocktail!