How Parents Might Benefit from Using CBD
Becoming a parent transforms your world and changes your life in many ways. While most parents find each passing year infinitely rewarding, many also discover that having to juggle an ever-expanding list of responsibilities causes a considerable amount of stress. Left unresolved, that pressure can take its toll. Rather than seizing the moment and enjoying the time spent with those they hold most dear, far too many parents are feeling increasingly tired, tense, irritable, and out of sorts.
Those feelings are understandable. The days are long, the nights are short, and there are no guarantees that the difficulties faced today will resolve tomorrow. But, for the sake of your parental peace of mind, it’s important to find meaningful ways to relax and reduce stress. If revisiting your favorite hobby, joining an online support group, or sipping that nightly glass of wine are not delivering the stress-relief you’ve been looking for, maybe it’s time to consider the many potential health and wellness benefits of hemp-derived CBD.
Why Parents Choose CBD Sourced from Industrial Hemp
CBD is the commonly used abbreviation for cannabidiol, a non-intoxicating plant element unique to cannabis. There are two potential sources. Marijuana plants produce varying amounts of CBD and high levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the cannabinoid that causes the type of intoxication the plant species is known for.1 Hemp crops contain high levels of CBD and only trace amounts of THC, not nearly enough to cause intoxication. That’s why hemp-derived CBD products are available to nearly anyone interested in the health and wellness potential of plant-based cannabinoids but prefer using a product that won’t impair their judgment or compromise their parenting skills.
The Overall Health and Wellness Potential of CBD
Parents everywhere are adding CBD to their daily routine because of the way this non-intoxicating plant element influences the receptors of the largest regulatory system in the body, the endocannabinoid system. Many researchers today believe the communication between the ECS messengers and receptors regulates the processes involved in homeostasis, the internal balance all living organisms must maintain to survive.2 Just a few of the many processes influence by the interaction between the ECS messengers and receptors include:
- Moods and emotional responses
- Stress responses
- Memory and learning
- Endocrine system function
- Perception of pleasure and pain
- Sleep and sleep cycles
- Muscle movement
Under the influences of stress, illness, or injury, your body may need more ECS messengers than it can produce on its own. As CBD enters your bloodstream, it mimics the effects of the ECS messengers produced in your body (endocannabinoids), relaying urgent messages to your ECS receptors. The response initiated by this communication depends on the chemical composition of the message received. Supporting ECS function with CBD helps keep numerous processes throughout your body working as they should.
How Hemp-Derived CBD Might Benefit Busy Parents
Once you consider how many functions are regulated by ECS signaling, it’s much easier to see why so many parents are using hemp-derived products for so many seemingly unrelated concerns. While the list of processes influenced by ECS function is extensive, it’s important to know that individual results from using hemp-derived CBD products depend on which processes are restored to balance through ECS support. You may also find it helpful to know some of the many reasons busy parents like you are adding hemp-derived CBD to their daily routine. To help determine how CBD might benefit you, consider the potential impact of the following observations:
- Research shows that people are happiest when they are focused and fully absorbed in the moment. That’s the same state of mind that allows you to devote your full attention to your child without your thoughts drifting to work issues, to-do lists, or yesterday’s troubling display of sibling rivalry. That level of mindfulness is difficult to maintain when your muscles are tense, your thoughts are racing, and you find it difficult to relax. Since moods, emotions, thought processes, and stress responses are regulated by ECS function, many parents find that using hemp-derived CBD daily helps them feel calm, relaxed, focused, and better equipped to enjoy each moment.
- A common complaint of parents with small children is sleep deprivation. Lack of sleep can have a significant impact on your physical and emotional health.3 While most parents anticipate living temporarily sleep-deprived while caring for an infant, just as many hours can be lost lying in bed rehashing the day’s events, worrying about what might go wrong tomorrow, or struggling to get comfortable. When used before bed, CBD could help calm your mind, relax your body, and alleviate the discomfort keeping you from getting the rest you need.
- Although you may thoroughly enjoy bouncing your child on your hip, biking with the family, or keeping up with your energetic teen on the court, trying to keep pace with active children can take a considerable toll on your body.If lingering pain threatens to keep you on the sidelines, you may find it helpful to know that surveys investigating the therapeutic potential of CBD show the cannabinoid has the potential to alleviate pain after physical activity*. Facing each day with less pain and stiffness could help you get right back into all the family activities you enjoy.
- While it’s natural to feel stressed from time to time, many parents are reducing the impact of stress in their lives with the calming potential of CBD. Cannabidiol is shown to help minimize the effects of stress by influencing several non-ECS receptors.4 Current research suggests that CBD could work just as well as common remedies but provide a natural alternative.
Experiencing the Health and Wellness Potential of Hemp-Derived CBD
CBD is a natural plant element with significant health and wellness potential. While hemp-derived CBD products will never cause intoxication, they could have a considerable impact on the way you feel. The only way you will know how CBD might benefit you is to try it.
To learn more about the many potential health and wellness benefits of CBD and other plant-based cannabinoids, download The Ultimate CBD User Guide at CBDistillery™. Then check out our selection of high-quality CBD tinctures, topicals, gummies, vapes, and CBD pet products. All CBDistillery™ products are third-party tested, and US Hemp Authority™ certified. You can verify the purity and potency of the products you select by viewing the test results on our product pages or by scanning the QR code on every CBDistillery™ product label.
*Based on a 2019 internal survey conducted by CBDistillery with 1,900 respondents.
- Live Science. A. Bradford. (2017 May 18) What is THC?
- Journal of Young Investigators. C Sallabery, L Astern. (2018 June 01) The Endocannabinoid System, Our Universal Regulator.
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics. S Worley. (2018 December) The Extraordinary Importance of Sleep.
- Project CBD. (2020) How CBD Works.