What Does CBD Feel Like?
When presented with an opportunity to try something new, some people jump in fearlessly, excited by what might be gained through the experience. Others proceed more cautiously, contemplating their options until they feel confident with their decision. The amount of caution and internal conflict most often depends on the level of perceived risk and potential reward.
If you tend to make decisions cautiously, you may have concerns about adding CBD to your daily routine. Maybe you found it odd, while you were researching, that people seem to be using CBD for a lot of seemingly unrelated concerns. Perhaps some of the many user testimonials seemed just a bit too good to be true. Your concerns are understandable!
Knowing some of the many reasons people are using CBD, how hemp-derived products might make you feel, the side effects of CBD, and the potential benefits of CBD could help answer some of your questions and address your concerns.
Why People Use CBD for So Many Health and Wellness Issues
You may find it quite reassuring to know that although marijuana and hemp are both members of the same plant species, they do not have the same effect on your body or your brain. Since industrial hemp plants don’t synthesize enough THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) to cause intoxication, hemp-derived CBD products will never make you feel high, loopy, intoxicated, or otherwise impaired, unlike other cannabis plants.
All different types of CBD (cannabidiol) oil works by interacting with the receptors of the largest regulatory system in your body, the receptors of your endocannabinoid system (ECS). CBD is shown to mimic the effects of the ECS messengers produced in your body to help keep essential processes working as they should, helping to create an overall sense of wellbeing. Now that you know CBD will not alter your awareness or interfere with cognitive function, consider the potential impact of maintaining balance within the following processes regulated by endocannabinoid system signaling:
- Moods and emotions
- Perception of pleasure and pain
- Memory and learning
- Metabolism and thermoregulation
- Inflammation and immune system function
- Endocrine system function
- Neuroprotection and muscle movement
- Digestive processes
- Sleep and sleep cycles
The messengers of the ECS relay urgent signals to their corresponding receptors. These essential neurotransmitters are made as needed and quickly broken down by enzymes once their message is delivered. If the demand exceeds the supply, communication breaks down. People are using CBD to help supplement ECS messengers, support ECS function, and keep essential processes working as they should. This is where the health benefits of CBD come into play.
How CBD Might Influence the Way You Feel
Although CBD (also known as hemp oil) is not a medication or approved treatment for any known health concerns, CBD users responding to our survey say they’ve noticed considerable differences in the way they feel after just a few weeks of consistent use. A 2019 survey conducted by CBDistillery™ confirmed:
- 88% of CBD users report that CBD helps with mild or temporary anxiety
- 89% of CBD users report that CBD helps calm their mind
- 89% of CBD users report that CBD helps you get better sleep
- 84% of CBD users report that CBD helps with pain after physical activity
- Stress can take a considerable toll on your body, whether stressors are physical, mental, or emotional. That’s why it may be helpful to know that CBD users say daily CBD use helps them feel more relaxed. If you’ve been feeling the effects of stress, the potential of CBD could be just what you need to help you feel more relaxed.
- There are many potential causes of too little sleep or poor sleep quality. Some find that stress and worries make falling asleep difficult, while others frequently wake during the night because of a variety of different concerns. No matter what the cause, sleep deprivation directly impacts how you feel and operate from day to day. According to the testimony of numerous CBD users, CBD could help you fall asleep easier and sleep more comfortably throughout the night because of the way it has the potential to interact with CB1 receptors.1
Less Post-Workout Inflammation
- The discomfort you feel after an intense workout is due to overworked muscles. Although this is beneficial for building strength and endurance, the muscle aches and stiffness associated with the post-workout recovery period can temporarily sideline fitness goals. Survey participants, and our own CBDistillery™ Brand Ambassadors, report less pain after physical activity. Those answers are likely due to the way cannabinoids support functions necessary for healing and recovery.2
Many people are intrigued by the positive effects of CBD after learning that many of their friends, coworkers, or family members are already using hemp-derived CBD products. Many of these same people wonder how CBD might make them feel. If you’ve been curious, you may be quite relieved to know that hemp-derived CBD oil products will not make you feel high, intoxicated, loopy, or spaced out. Based on our consumer survey and numerous user testimonials, using CBD daily could help you feel like a well-rested, more relaxed version of yourself!
If you’re ready to experience the many potential health and wellness benefits of high-quality hemp-derived full spectrum CBD oil, broad spectrum CBD oil, CBD isolate (pure CBD) products, visit CBDistillery™. We offer a variety of CBD tinctures, topicals, soft-gels, vapes, gummies (daytime and nighttime gummies mixed with melatonin), and CBD pet products. All CBDistillery™ non-GMO CBD products are third-party tested to ensure product purity and potency and certified by the US Hemp Authority™.
- Healthline. (2019 August 01) CBD for Insomnia: Benefits, Side Effects, and Treatment.
- Future Medicinal Chemistry. P Nagarkatti et al. (2009 October 01) Cannabinoids as Novel Anti-Inflammatory Drugs.